The foundation for growth of our residents is built from experience based change. This foundation is more than not drinking and not using drugs alone - it's about conducting daily life.
"At Normandy House, our guests take responsibility and face life's challenges." - John, Former Residence Manager
Success is realized through consistent and demonstrated growth in the recovery process, progress essential to assume productive roles in work and family.
Positive actions reflect values which help lift self-esteem. Perspectives change by working the steps to a lasting sober lifestyle. Sober daily living provides the basis for amends to family and loved ones by doing the right thing!
The need of individuals transitioning to their chosen path and continued sobriety requires commitment to an environment that is structured for personal growth. At Normandy the goal is to provide that environment. Our environment is a safe and constructive place to move forward and achieve success with accountability.
Success of our guests relies on these sober living criteria:
- Normandy maintains a zero tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol without exception.
- Residents are expected to respect and comply with all Normandy policies.
- Residents must respect the house and their fellow residents. Normandy is your home and a fellowship.
- 90/90 Requirement - Attend 90 AA or NA, daily meetings in 90 days.
- Attend IOP/Out patient programs and counseling as required.
- Learn and practice skills required for sober everyday living.
- Keep working, diligently pursue employment or attend school.
- Performing routine house chores is expected from all residents as every day behavior.
When the steps of recovery are followed residents feel better about themselves. Perspectives change for the better by working the steps to a lasting sober lifestyle.
Normandy House sober living is the key. Normandy provides a place where residents can be safe, and sober, while working to learn to use the many resources needed for living a sober lifestyle and moving forward.
Managing a sober living facility is demanding and rewarding. Supporting the efforts of individuals genuinely working to assemble the tools and experience to achieve a sober lifestyle is our purpose. Support for our residents is always there, both from management and fellow residents who know what it takes to make the program work. Support of others is one of our greatest privileges, and for residents it demonstrates what they can aspire to and achieve – service to others.
Our experience in providing the environment for lasting change is acknowledged and well respected for 10 years. The Normandy staff is ready to help if you are ready for real change.